Broward County Transit (also known as BCT) is the public transit authority in Broward County, Florida. It is the second-largest transit system in Florida after Miami-Dade Transit. It currently operates the only public bus system in Broward County. Besides serving Broward County, It also serves portions of Palm Beach County and Miami-Dade County, where it overlaps its service with Miami-Dade Transit and Palm Tran.
Services & route coverage
- Regular Local Service: Broward County Transit's local service is focused mainly in Broward County. However, they operate routes traveling from Broward County to Palm Beach County, linking their service with Palm Tran.There are also routes that travel from Broward County to Miami-Dade County, linking their service with Miami-Dade Transit. There is currently only one route that goes through Palm Beach County, Broward County, And Miami-Dade County.
- Limited Stop Service: Known as The Breeze (separate from overall fleet theme), operates 3 routes, one via S.R. 7 (US 441)-(441 Breeze) another via US-1 (US-1 Breeze) and the other via University Dr (University Breeze). These operate from Broward County to Northern(US 1) and Central(US 441) and Western (University) to Miami-Dade County (Golden Glades â" US 441 & University and Aventura Mall â" US-1).
- Paratransit and Community Bus Service: Paratransit services are available for disabled riders and senior citizens. Community Buses operate special routes as an extension of the local bus service in Broward County.
Current and prior generations
Since around 2000, Broward County Transit has developed a themed livery for each generation of its new and existing fleet. Before 2000, each generation of the fleet was simply known as Broward County Transit. So far, there have been 2 named generations.
The Bee Line generation (ca. 2000â"2006)
The Bee Line generation (not to be confused with Westchester County's Bee-Line Bus System) was introduced to the fleet in the early 2000s. During this time, they retired most of their older, high-floor buses and replaced them with a brand new fleet of low-floor buses,which were first delivered in 1997. All new buses ordered during this period and its current fleet were painted white with a yellow honeycomb pattern stripe applied to all sides of each bus. A cartoon bee character was also placed on each bus. But the character has since been removed on most of its fleet. The former livery was a split orange and blue stripe with no theme name. The previous livery was used from early 1980s until the late 90's.
The Breeze generation (2007-)
The Breeze generation was introduced in 2007 as 2 special limited-stop service routes following along U.S. 1 and S.R.7(HWY 441) from Northern Broward County all the way towards Northern Miami-Dade County. Broward County Transit introduced 6 New Flyer D60LFR articulated buses for service on the S.R.7(US 441) route. In addition the new buses, they also feature free Wi-Fi access to riders on this route. BCT has now added forty-Eight 40Â ft (12Â m). NABI 40-LFW buses to the fleet. All new buses ordered and soon most of its current fleet will or already have been painted in white with a large blue arc pointing forward and a small light blue arc (7 of the new buses delivered were painted in silver instead of white for The Breeze U.S. 1 limited stop service). Now in 2008 BCT ordered 42 newly restyled NABIs 40Â ft (12Â m) low-floor including 12 hybrid buses.
Full route list
- 1 â" Aventura Mall â" Broward Central Terminal via US 1/Federal Hwy.
- 2 â" NW 207th Street/Miami Gardens â" Westview Dr. via University Dr.
- 4 â" NE 14th Ave. & Hallandale Beach Blvd. â" Fort.Lauderdale & Hollywood Airport/Tri-Rail Station via A1A
- 5 â" Pembroke Lakes Mall â" Hallandale Beach City Hall via Pembroke Rd.
- 6 â" County Line Rd. & Dixie Hwy. â" Broward Central Terminal
- 7 â" Pines Blvd. & US 27 â" Young Circle via Hollywood/Pines Blvd.
- 9 â" Young Circle â" Broward Central Terminal
- 10 â" Broward Central Terminal â" Camino Real & Dixie Hwy. (Boca Raton) via US 1/Federal Hwy.
- 11 â" Commercial Blvd. & US 441 â" US 1 & Copans Rd.
- 12 â" West Regional Terminal â" North Beach Park via Davie Rd. and Sheridan St.
- 14 â" Broward Central Terminal â" Hillsboro Blvd. & Powerline Rd. via Powerline Rd.
- 15 â" County Line Road & SW 52 Ave â" Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Airport Tri-Rail Station via 56 Ave.
- 16 â" Pembroke Lakes Mall â" Dania City Hall via Stirling Rd.
- 18 â" Golden Glades â" Lauderhill Mall via State Rd. 7/US 441
- 19 â" Lauderhill Mall â" Sandlefoot Blvd/Boca Raton (Mon-Sat) or Turtle Creek Dr (Sun) via State Rd. 7/US 441
- 20 â" Broward Central Terminal â" North Broward Hospital
- 22 â" Sawgrass Mills Mall â" Broward Central Terminal via Broward Blvd.
- 23 â" Pembroke Lakes Mall â" Sawgrass Mills Mall
- 28 â" Miramar Memorial Hospital â" Aventura Mall via Hallandale Beach Blvd./Miramar Pkwy.
- 30 â" West Regional Terminal â" Broward Central Terminal via Davie Blvd./Peters Rd.
- 31 â" Broward Central Terminal â" Lyons Rd. & Hillsboro Blvd. via NW 31 Ave./Lyons Rd.
- 34 â" Coral Springs Drive â" Federal Highway via Sample Road.
- 36 â" Sawgrass Mills Mall â" Galt Ocean Mile via Sunrise Blvd.
- 40 â" Lauderhill Mall â" Galleria Mall via Sistrunk Blvd & AIA
- 42 â" Coral Ridge Dr â" A1A via Atlantic Boulevard.
- 48 â" Johnson Rd. & US 441 â" Deerfield Beach via Hillsboro Blvd.
- 50 â" Broward Central Terminal â" SW 3rd Ave. & Hillsboro Blvd. via Dixie Hwy.
- 55 â" Commercial Blvd and NW 94 Ave â" NE 41 St & A1A via Commercial Boulevard.
- 56 Shuttle â" Oakland Park Blvd. & Nob Hill Rd. â" University Dr. & Sunrise Blvd.
- 60 â" Broward Central Terminal â" NW 15th St. via Andrews Ave and MLK Blvd./Hammondville Rd.
- 62 â" Westview Dr & University Dr. â" NE 62nd St. & US 1 via McNab Rd., Cypress Creek Rd. & Riverside Dr.
- 72 â" Sawgrass Mills Mall â" NE 41st St. & A1A via Oakland Park Blvd.
- 81 â" Broward Central Terminal â" West Regional Terminal via Inverrary and Hawaiian Gardens
- 83 â" Sample Rd. & Coral Ridge Dr. â" US 1 via Copans Rd./Royal Palm Blvd.
- 88 â" West Regional Terminal â" Holmberg Dr. via Pine Island Rd./Coral Springs Dr.
- 95 Express Hollywood (Express service) â" Pines Blvd. and University Dr. â" Downtown Miami via Pines Blvd., I-95 & Civic Center (weekday peak hours only)
- 95 Express Miramar (Express service) â" Miramar Regional Park â" Civic Center via Florida's Turnpike & I-95 (weekday peak hours only)
- 95 Express Pembroke Pines (Express service) â" North Perry Airport â" Civic Center via Florida's Turnpike & I-95 (weekday peak hours only)
- 95 Express Pembroke Pines/Miramar (Express service) â" Pines Blvd & Flamingo Rd. â" Downtown Miami via Ansin Sports Complex, Florida's Turnpike & I-95 (weekday peak hours only)
- 595 Express Fort Lauderdale (Express service) â" Sunrise/ BB&T Center â" Downtown Fort Lauderdale via I-595 (weekday peak-hours only).
- 595 Express Downtown Miami (Express service) â" Sunrise/ BB&T Center â" Fort Lauderdale Airport Tri-Rail Station via I-595 â" Downtown Miami & Brickell via I-95 (weekday peak-hours only).
- 595 Express Miami Civic Center (Express service) â" Sunrise/ BB&T Center â" Davie Park & Ride via I-595 â" Civic Center via I-95 (weekday peak-hours only).
- University Breeze (Limited stop service)- Golden Glades â" Westview via University Dr (weekday peak-hours only).
- US 1 Breeze (Limited stop service)- Aventura Mall â" Broward Central Terminal via US 1/Federal Hwy (weekdays only)
- US 441 Breeze (Limited stop service)- Golden Glades â" Turtle Creek Dr via State Rd. 7/US 441 (weekdays only).
Eliminated Routes: 3,17,57,92,93,95,97 Bus Schedules
- Transportation in South Florida
- Official site
- System Facts