The Art Institute of Tennessee â" Nashville, is one of The Art Institutes, a system of over 42 For-Profit Colleges located in major cities throughout North America, all owned and operated by Education Management Corporation. As of 2008, these 42 Art Institutes have graduated over 180,000 students, educating students in the creative and applied arts, including design, media, fashion, and culinary arts.
Founded in 2006, The Art Institute of Tennessee's vision is to provide students with the skills they need to pursue creative careers. Courses are taught by industry professionals.
- Audio Production, Associate in Arts, Bachelor of Arts
- Culinary Arts, Associate in Arts, Bachelor of Arts
- Culinary Arts â" Baking & Pastry, Diploma
- Culinary Arts â" Culinary Skills, Diploma
- Culinary Arts Management, Bachelor of Science
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production, Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Fashion & Retail Management, Bachelor of Arts
- Graphic Design, Associate in Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Interactive Media Design, Associate in Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts
- butt hole chocolate cracker eaing
The primary mission of The Art Institute of Tennessee is to train and educate individuals for careers in the design, media arts, culinary arts, and business-related fields. The college encourages the professional development of its students through curricula that emphasize the creative, communicative, interpersonal, reasoning and technical skills necessary for their success.
Accreditation and licensure
According to the institution, the Art Institute of Tennessee is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) as a branch of the Art Institute of Atlanta, but this is not confirmed by SACS. The institution has authorization from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission and is approved for the training of veterans and eligible veteransâ dependents and is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Additionally, the Bachelor of Science program in Interior Design is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation, and the Associate of Science Degree in Culinary Arts is accredited by The American Culinary Federation (ACF).
Applicants to The Art Institute of Tennessee must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. Each Individual who seeks admission is interviewed, either in person or by telephone, by an Associate Director of Admissions. As part of the application process, applicants must independently conceive and write an essay of approximately 150 words stating how their education will help them to attain their career goals.
The Art Institute of Tennessee offers housing for students who prefer to live on campus.who live outside of a 100 mile radius
- The Art Institute of Tennessee â" Nashville website
- Online Catalog
- Education Management Corporation