West New York School District is a public school district serving students in kindergarten through 12th grade in West New York, New Jersey, United States. The district is one of 31 Abbott districts statewide, which are now referred to as "SDA Districts" based on the requirement for the state to cover all costs for school building and renovation projects in these districts under the supervision of the New Jersey Schools Development Authority.
As of the 2011-12 school year, the district's nine schools had an enrollment of 7,805 students and 536.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a studentâ"teacher ratio of 14.56:1.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "A", the lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
WNYSD Back to School 2014-15 - A video montage produced by Memorial HS Project Media Students Jonathan Miranda, Christopher Santi, Estephan Donado and Cedric Aviles. Highlighting a ...
Schools in the district (with 2011-12 enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics) are:
- Early Childhood School for Pre-K (1,306 students)
- Elementary schools (K-6)
- Public School #1 (671)
- Public School #2 (624)
- Public School #3 (483)
- Robert Menendez Elementary School (School #4) (715)
- Albio Sires Elementary School (School #5) (527)
- Harry L. Bain Elementary School (School #6) (836)
- Middle school
- West New York Middle School for grades 7 and 8 (903)
- High school
- Memorial High School (1,740)
Core members of the district's administration are:
- John Fauta, Superintendent
- Kevin Franchetta, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- West New York School District
- West New York School District's 2012â"13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the West New York School District, National Center for Education Statistics